So, you’ve decided you need help with your website. You know Google is huge, and it’s the largest search engine in the world. Some people swear by SEO while others will tell you it doesn’t work – which is true?
It can be hard to decipher how effective certain techniques are or not because companies that claim they are “SEO experts” to get more business.
However, if you want to make your website better and rank higher in the search engine, here is a list of ways you can improve your site’s SEO:
1) Keyword Research – This reveals what people are looking for, and therefore I term that will help guide your optimization efforts to focus on relevant topics and keywords.
2) Site load speed – Make sure that your site loads as fast as possible because if it doesn’t, you will lose visitors to faster sites. Also, Google is taking site load speeds into consideration when ranking pages in search engine results.
3) Mobile responsiveness – Having a mobile website is no longer an option and that’s why Google is using mobile responsiveness as a ranking signal to help determine page quality.
4) Site structure – Is your site easy to navigate? Make it simpler by creating HTML Sitemaps and less navigations to make sure visitors can easily find items.
5) Image Optimization – Make sure you are uploading images with keywords in the name to get more people searching for what you are selling.
6) Content Curation – By curating content, this helps build relationships with other bloggers and site owners that will lead to increased exposure through backlinks.
7) Page Loading Speeds – This is a Google ranking factor, so test your page loading speeds to see where you can improve.
8) On-site Optimization – This includes installing meta tags, title tags and increasing click through rates with higher rankings in search engine results pages (SERPs).
A strong SEO strategy is not something you can do overnight. It takes time to improve your SERPs by using techniques that help you rank higher than your competitors. If you take the time to build a strong foundation by working with San Diego SEO Companies and create quality content that’s relevant to what people are searching for, you will see results.
SEO can be a great way to improve your website’s visibility and bring in more visitors. However, it is important to understand the basics of how it works before you start trying to optimize your site. In this post, we have outlined the ins and outs of SEO for you- now all you need to do is put these tips into action by doing it yourself or by getting San Diego SEO Services.
Remember: SEO is not an overnight process and it takes time to build your rankings. You can start applying your knowledge with these 8 tips mentioned above immediately or by working with a San Diego SEO Agency!